Do I have to tell you that mold is gross and bad for your health? I guess not, but let’s face it, mold is present in most homes, especially in areas with moisture, such as the bathroom. Yes, bathrooms are the most prone rooms in your house where mold can appear, but it could easily develop in your basement, for instance.
However, let’s focus on the bathroom mold, especially on the one that appears on calking shower, because it’s a bit harder to remove. At least it was difficult until I found the perfect solution in getting that mold out of the bathroom caulking!
The ideal situation is to remove the caulking and to reapply a new caulking, but this requires a lot of work. In case you are looking for a quick fix or something more affordable, because replacing a new caulking involves some expenses, you reached on the right webpage.
So, let’s see which is the best way in removing mold from shower caulking?
Grab the next tools:
- Cotton balls
- Ventilation mask
How to proceed?
- Well, fill the bowl with water and put on the gloves and mask, open the window of you have one or turn on the fan.
- Add a cup of bleach in the water and mix.
- Dip cotton balls into the bleach water and apply them directly onto the caulking of your shower or bathtub.
- Continue with this method until you cover all the moldy caulk in your shower. You can easily apply this method for moldy grout.
Waiting game: leave the cotton balls for 2 hours until the mold is completely removed.
- Rinse it with cold water at the end, and then leave the door or window open to ventilate the room.