It just happens not being able to get out of bed and to throw up on the carpet. It could happen due to a hangover or you’re just sick. I had a gallbladder disorder a few years ago and I know how is like throwing up every 5 minutes and not reach the toilet.
As I said, it doesn’t matter the reason, vomit is vomit, and when it comes cleaning it, well, is the worst cleaning task ever. It makes you wanna throw up again.
If you vomit on the tile or wooden floor, well the cleaning task is much easier, but imagine when you have to clean it from your carpet. The task is double because you have to remove the stain and the odor. Dirty and gross job!
Anyway, as an experienced puke cleaner, I have the best solution to remove that nasty vomit and odor out of the carpet…without throwing up again.
- Baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of Dawn dish soap
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- 2 cups of warm water
- Vacuum cleaner
Dirty job procedure:
First of all, start by removing the excess vomit. Use a scraper or something sharp, and put it in a dustpan then throw it at the garbage.
Ok, now remove the stain as it follows:
- Sprinkle baking soda over the stain and let it stand for 10-15 minutes. You should sprinkle as much baking soda as possible to absorb the moisture from the carpet.
- After the time elapsed vacuum the baking soda remains.
- Mix Dawn dish soap with white vinegar and warm water, stir well, and soak the cloth in this solution then rub the stain until it’s removed.
- The final solution is to remove the vinegar and dish soap with a cloth soaked in cold water.
This is it! As a personal tip, use rubber gloves when you do this dirty task.