Every single mother in this world, at some point has to deal with pee stains on a mattress. Even if you use a saran wrap on it, pee is pee; it will find a way to get into the mattress. Accidents happen, especially if you have a child like mine with a wetting bed at night issue. Of course, it doesn’t happen every single night, but it happens and the mattress looks pretty gross and it caught a pretty bad smell.
Anyhow, as I can’t leave the mattress with that pee and smell and odor, I decided to give it a nice clean and disinfection…of course, until the next pee attack!
And here comes the questioning and struggle: how do I remove the smell and stain of pee from the mattress? I just wanted a cleaning solution to remove both as a quickly as possible, because I can’t afford buying a new one. At least not until my kid gives up wetting the bed at night.
The funny thing is that I didn’t only found a quick human pee remover, but also a cheap one. Hooray for me! It leaves your mattress stain and odor-free and I’m having second thoughts in buying actually a new mattress!
So, take a look below and prepare your own mattress cleaner that effectively remove human pee stains and odor.
- 8 ounces of hydrogen peroxide
- 3 tablespoons of baking soda
- 1 drop of liquid dish soap
- 1 drop of lavender essential oil
- Spray bottle
- Handheld vacuum cleaner
How to proceed:
- Add all the above ingredients in a spray bottle using a funnel, and then spray the solution over the entire surface of the mattress. Remember to insist on those yellowed pee stains.
- Let it sit for a few minutes, and you’ll see how those nasty pee stains will magically disappear. I don’t overreact when I say magic.
- The final step is to apply baking soda over the damp mattress and let it stand there for 30 minutes or so. Baking soda will absorb all the moisture from the mattress, preventing it this way from mold.
- Use the handheld vacuum cleaner to remove the baking soda residues.