Cleaning stains on mattresses are easiest to remove if they are recent. It’s very important to avoid getting the mattress very wet when you want to remove the stains because mold can appear. Here’s how to effectively clean a stain on the mattress without affecting its quality:
1. Prepare a mixture of warm water and a few tablespoons of detergent. Whip an egg white until it forms a foam and add it into the mixture.
2. With a sponge or cotton cloth apply the mixture over the stain and rub gently for a few minutes.
3. Clean the egg and detergent residues with a cloth soaked in warm water.
4. Urine or blood stains can be removed with hydrogen peroxide.
5. Pour hydrogen peroxide on a cloth and rub well until the stain disappears. Also you can use white vinegar instead of hydrogen peroxide.
6. After you removed the stain make sure that the mattress is dry before you put down your sheets. Otherwise it may get an unpleasant smell or even get moldy in that area.
7. Use a hair dryer or a fan to dry the mattress or place it in sun for several hours.
8. Another solution is to sprinkle sand for cats because it will absorb moistness. Let it dry for a few hours then redraw it with a vacuum cleaner.