It’s so funny how some simple household hacks can replace successfully some cleaning products. It seems that there are plenty solutions out there to keep our money safe, in the wallet.
Did you know that black tea can easily replace Windex? I was skeptical when I read an article on how a homemade black tea window cleaner can make your windows sparkling clean, and it works wonders for any glass surface. So, you can use it for your mirrors and glass stove tops.
Wondering why anyone would use black tea as a window cleaner? As a matter of fact, Windex is not so expensive and windows can be easily clean with vinegar. But, anyway, what if you run out of Windex and vinegar? There comes black tea as a saving solution for your windows. Or you can use it frequently in case you want to avoid chemicals or you can’t stand the pungent smell of vinegar. Who cares? It’s good to know after all!
So, learn how to prepare your own black tea window cleaner
- 4 black tea bags
- 8 ounces of boiling water
- Spray bottle
- Paper towels
How to prepare and use:
- Make sure your water is at a rolling boil. Filtered water works best for this.
- Add the 4 tea bags to the boiling water and allow to steep for 10-15 minutes (no less than 10).
- Remove tea bags and allow mixture to cool for a few hours.
- Add to your spray bottle!
Good to know: this homemade window cleaner lasts only for one week, so don’t keep it longer. It’s tea after all!